Replacement Engines Gearboxes Questions
Import motors, gearboxes, engines for these vehicles
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How many kilometers do your engines and transmissions have on them?
It is not possible to quote the exact number of kilometers an engine or transmission has. Our suppliers in Japan do their best to source engines and transmissions that have done under 80,000kms. So while some of our stock will have this amount of kilometers, most in our line of stock will actually have less.
2) Do the Japanese have to sell their engines or scrap their cars at a particular amount of kilometers or time?
No, the Japanese do not have to sell their engines or scrap their cars once a certain mileage or time has been reached. Shaken is the name of the vehicle inspection (road worthy) program in Japan. The inspection system is in place to ensure cars on Japanese roads are properly maintained, and are safe to be on the road. Shaken is a detailed bi-annual inspection, which is very expensive, especially for older cars. In Japan, once a car reaches a certain age, it is more cost effective to get rid of it and buy a new vehicle. Since there are a limited amount of used cars sold in Japan, most of the vehicles are either exported or dismantled.
3) Are you engines complete?
Yes, most of our engines are sold complete.
4) Do you offer a delivery service?
Yes, we freight Australia wide. All our engines, gearboxes and diffs are strapped and wrapped onto skids or pallets. You can use your own transport company, or we can do it for you.
5) Do you export to other countries?
Yes we export to a number of other countries, and can help you to ship to any destination.
6) How do I go about registering my new engine?
Each state has its own rules and requirements. Please check with your local transport department.
7) Should I change the timing belt in a used engine?
We recommend that you do, as well as changing the water pump, and all front and rear seals.
8) Is there oil in the engine or transmission?
No, all oil is drained for transport purposes.
9) Do your engines fit straight in our vehicle?
Yes, otherwise you may have to change over some parts, to make it Australian compliant.
10) What kind of warranty comes with my engine or transmission and what are you warranty conditions?
Most of our engines and transmissions come with a 3 month, unlimited kilometer warranty. Explained below are our warranty conditions.
Gearbox Engine and Diff Centre Warranty
If within the period of the warranty a unit is found to be defective, it will be replaced, or the purchase price refunded at the free choice of the vendor upon return of the unit (freight prepaid) to our store.
Specifically excluded from the warranty are:
1. Any accessories attached to the unit at the time of purchase, such as starter motor, alternator, water pump, clutch, flywheel, distributor, carburetor, turbocharger, fuel pump, injection pump, all belts, filters, clutch throw-out bearing etc.
2. Timing belt failure and consequential damage. A new timing belt and tensioners must be installed.
3. Damage resulting from incorrect or negligent fitting by the customer or his agent.
4. Any consequential loss or damage.
5. Any fitting, labour, towing or transportation costs.
6. Parts used for competition use or modified from standard as supplied.
7. Warranty is void if gears are stripped or broken.
8. Shortage of oil – customers to check for oil leaks. Oil seals/gaskets are not covered by warranty. New seals must be fitted.
9. Overheating – if fitted heat tab has melted or been removed.
Oil and oil filters must be replaced before use. The thermostat must be changed and the cooling system, including the radiator, cleaned or re-cored. Automatic transmissions must have their oil cooler and systems flushed before fitting. The warranty is void if the unit has been dismantled.
We reserve the right to inspect at our store any goods claimed to be defective, warranty is not transferable.
A new warranty is not issued in the event of a claim. Warranty commences from the initial invoice date. Thanks for your support!